ISSN 0021-2571 printed version
Scope and policy
The editorial policy of Annali follows the Uniform Requirements for Manuscripts Submitted to Biomedical Journals of the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE, http://www.icmje.org/
The area of interest of the journal is: Public Health.
each paper submitted to Annali is normally subjected to the following procedures
• it is reviewed by the Editor-in-Chief for general suitability;
• if it is judged suitable, qualified referees are selected and a peer review process takes place;
• based on the recommendations of the referees and replies of the authors, the Editor-in-chief decides whether the article should be accepted, modified or rejected.
The journal’s targeted readership is: researchers in the field of public health.
Form and preparation of manuscripts
The journal publishes original articles, reviews, monographic issues, brief and technical notes, editorials, commentaries and book reviews.
Manuscript should be written in English, accompanied by a summary (both in Italian and English) of about 120 words, and key words up to a maximum number of five (MESH terms, if possible). Original articles should normally be organised into different sections (Introduction, Materials and Methods, Results, Discussion and Conclusions)
Specifications on lenghts of articles:
• brief note: about 3000 words, 15 references, 1 table and 1 figure;
• article: about 6000 words, 40 references 3 tables and 2 figures;
• review: about 10 000 words, 120 references, 4 tables and 3 figure
Figures and tables should be of conventional size. Manuscripts should be presented also in electronic format.
The references in numerical order should conform to the "Vancouver style" with some modifications as reported in the examples in the "Instructions to authors" which are published in each issue and on the website (www.iss.it/anna).
Reproduction of articles or part of them should be previously authorised. The journal is open access and listed in the Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ).
Authors should reveal all possible conflicts of interest in submitting their papers.
Manuscripts should be sent in electronic format to email@example.com . A paper copy should also be addressed to: Annali dell’Istituto Superiore di Sanità – Redazione, Settore Attività Editoriali, Viale Regina Elena, 299 – 00161 Rome, Italy. Tel ++39 06 4990 2945. Fax ++39 06 4990 2253
[Home] [About the journal] [Editorial board] [Subscriptions]
® 2010 Istituto Superiore di Sanità
Viale Regina Elena, 299
00161 Rome Italy
Tel.: 0039 06 4990 2945
Fax: 0039 06 4990 2253