versão impressa ISSN 0042-9686
Bull World Health Organ vol.79 no.7 Genebra Jul. 2001
Economics of coronary artery bypass grafting
1. Anonymous. Consensus development conference: coronary artery bypass grafing. [Editorial] Br Med J 1984;289:1527-9.
2. Kind P, Rosser R, Williams A. Valuation of quality of life: some psychometric evidence. In Jones-Lee M W, ed. The value of life and safary. Amsterdam: Elsevier/ North Holland, 1982.
3. Wheatley DJ. Surgical prospects. Paper presented to consensus development conference on coronary artery bypass grafiting, Kings fund, London, 1984.
4. Wheatley DJ, Dark JH. The present role of coronary artery surgery. Practitioner 1982;226:435-40.
5. Wasfie TJ, Brown AH. Coronary grafiting '¾ a sound investiment? Practitioner 1981;225:739-44.
6. Patel M. Health Economics/community medicine approach to planning of facilities for coronary artery bypass surgery at the NHS district level. Paper presented to the health economistis study group meeting at the University of Aberdeen, 1984.
7. Weinstein MC, Stason WB Cost effectiveness of coronary artery bypass surgery. Circulation 1982;66(suppl III):56-66.
8. Coles JG, Coles JC. The cost-effectives of myocardial revascularization. Can J Surg1982;25123-6.
9. Reeder GS, Krishan I, Nobrega F., et al. Is precutaneous coronay angioplasty less expensive than bypass surgery? N Engl J Med 1984;1157-62.
10. Thiek MG, Lewis CT, Weaver EJM, et al. An attempt to measure the costs and benefits of cardiac valve surgery at the London Hospital in adults of working age. Health Trends 1978;10:58-60.
11. Barber PR. The economics of cardiac pacemakers. York: University of York, 1978. (MSe dissertation.)
12. Jennet JB. High Technology Medicine. London: Nuffield Provincial Hospital Trust, 1984.
13. Hellinger F. An analysis of public program for heart transplatation. J of Hun Resour 1982,17.307-13.
14. Mancini PV. Costs of Treating end-stage renal failure. London: DHSS, 1984.
15. Churchill DN, Morgan J, Torrance GW. Quality of life in end-stage renal disease. Peritoneal Dialysis Bulletin 1984;4:20-3.
16. Wilcock GK. Benefits of total hip replacement to older patients and the community. Br Med J 1978;1:37-9.
(Accepted 6 March 1985)
University of York, Institute of Social and Economic Research, York YO1 5DD, ALAN WILLIAMS, BCOM, professor of economics