DUBE, Queen and CHIDEV STUDY TEAM et al. Implementing early infant diagnosis of HIV infection at the primary care level: experiences and challenges in Malawi. Bull World Health Organ [online]. 2012, vol.90, n.9, pp.699-704.
ISSN 0042-9686. http://dx.doi.org/10.2471/BLT.11.100776.
2. Creek TL, Sherman GG, Nkengasong J, Lu L, Finkbeiner T, Fowler MG et al. Infant human immunodeficiency virus diagnosis in resource-limited settings: issues, technologies, and country experiences. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2007;197:S6471. doi: 10.1016/j.ajog.2007.03.002 PMID: 17825652 [ Links ]
3. Antiretroviral therapy for HIV infection in infants and children: towards universal access. Recommendations for a public health approach. Geneva: World Health Organization; 2010. [ Links ]
4. Cook RE, Ciampa PJ, Sidat M, Blevins M, Burlison J, Davidson MA et al. Predictors of successful early infant diagnosis of HIV in a rural district hospital in Zambezia, Mozambique. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 2011;56:e1049. PMID: 21266912 [ Links ]
5. Braitstein P, Songok J, Vreeman R, Wools-Kaloustian K, Koskei P, Walusuna L et al. 'Wamepotea' (they have become lost): outcomes of HIV-positive and HIV-exposed children lost to follow-up from a large HIV treatment program in western Kenya. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 2011;57:e406. doi: 10.1097/QAI.0b013e3182167f0d PMID: 21407085 [ Links ]
6. Ciampa PJ, Burlison JR, Blevins M, Sidat M, Moon TD, Rothman RL et al. Improving retention in the early infant diagnosis of HIV program in rural Mozambique by better service integration. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 2011;58:1159. doi: 10.1097/QAI.0b013e31822149bf PMID: 21546845 [ Links ]
7. Nuwagaba-Biribonwoha H, Werq-Semo B, Abdallah A, Cunningham A, Gamaliel JG, Mtunga S et al. Introducing a multi-site program for early diagnosis of HIV infection among HIV-exposed infants in Tanzania. BMC Pediatr 2010;10:44. doi: 10.1186/1471-2431-10-44 PMID: 20565786 [ Links ]
8. Malawi HIV and AIDS monitoring and evaluation report: 20082009. UNGASS country progress report. Geneva: Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS, 2010. Available from: http://www.unaids.org/en/dataanalysis/monitoringcountryprogress/progressreports/2010countries/malawi_2010_ country_progress_report_en.pdf [accessed 15 May 2012] [ Links ]
9. UNAIDS report on the global AIDS epidemic. Geneva: Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS, 2010. Available from: http://www.unaids.org/globalreport/documents/20101123_GlobalReport_full_en.pdf [accessed 12 October 2011] [ Links ]
10. Guidelines for paediatric HIV testing and counselling. Lilongwe: Malawi Ministry of Health; 2007. [ Links ]
11. Chatterjee A, Tripathi S, Gass R, Hamunime N, Panha S, Kiyaga C et al. Implementing services for early infant diagnosis (EID) of HIV: a comparative descriptive analysis of national programs in four countries. BMC Public Health 2011;11:553. doi: 10.1186/1471-2458-11-553 PMID: 21749730 [ Links ]
12. Sherman GG, Cooper PA, Coovadia AH, Puren AJ, Jones SA, Mokhachane M et al. Polymerase chain reaction for diagnosis of human immunodeficiency virus infection in infancy in low resource settings. Pediatr Infect Dis J 2005;24:9937. doi: 10.1097/01.inf.0000187036.73539.8d PMID: 16282936 [ Links ]
13. Driver GA, Patton JC, Moloi J, Stevens WS, Sherman GG. Low risk of contamination with automated and manual excision of dried blood spots for HIV DNA PCR testing in the routine laboratory. J Virol Methods 2007;146:397400. doi: 10.1016/j.jviromet.2007.07.024 PMID: 17854915 [ Links ]
14. Anderson DA, Crowe SM, Garcia M. Point-of-care testing. Curr HIV/AIDS Rep 2011;8:317. doi: 10.1007/s11904-010-0067-z PMID: 21184203 [ Links ]
15. Malawi demographic and health survey (2010 MDHS) report. Zomba: National Statistical Office of Malawi; 2010. Available from: http://www.nso.malawi.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=175&Itemid=46 [accessed 15 May 2012] [ Links ]