SZKLO, André Salem et al. Changes in cigarette consumption patterns among Brazilian smokers between 1989 and 2008. Cad. Saúde Pública [online]. 2012, vol.28, n.11, pp.2211-2215.
ISSN 1678-4464. http://dx.doi.org/10.1590/S0102-311X2012001100020.
2. Brazilian National Cancer Institute. Global Adult Tobacco Survey: Brazil report. http://www.who.int/tobacco/surveillance/en_tfi_gats_2010_brazil.pdf (accessed on 22/Jan/2012). [ Links ]
3. Monteiro CA, Cavalcante T, Moura EC, Claro RM, Szwarcwald CL. Population-based evidence of a strong decline in the prevalence of smokers in Brazil (1989-2003). Bull World Health Organ 2007; 85:527-34. [ Links ]
4. Iglesias R, Jha P, Pinto M, da Costa e Silva VL, Go-dinho J. Tobacco control in Brazil. Health nutrition and population discussion paper. Washington DC: The World Bank; 2007. [ Links ]
5. Habicht J, Victora C, Vaughan JP. Evaluation designs for adequacy, plausibility and probability of public health programme performance and impact. Int J Epidemiol 1999; 28:10-8. [ Links ]
6. Lopez AD, Collishaw NE, Piha T. A descriptive model of the cigarette epidemic in developed countries. Tob Control 1994; 3:242-7. [ Links ]
7. U.S. Department of Health Services. Those who continue to smoke. Bethesda: U.S. Department of Health Services, National Institutes of Health, National Cancer Institute; 2003. (Smoking and Tobacco Control Monograph, 15). [ Links ]
8. De Jonge LH, Gormley M. Responses to positive and negative smoking-related images: effects of current smoking status and degree of smoking addiction. Addict Behav 2005; 30:1587-91. [ Links ]
9. World Health Organization. The Framework Convention on Tobacco Control. http://www.who.int/fctc/text_download/en/index.html (accessed on 22/Jan/2012). [ Links ]
10. Wakefield M, Chaloupka F. Effectiveness of comprehensive tobacco control programmes in reducing teenage smoking in the USA. Tob Control 2000; 9:177-86. [ Links ]
11. Instituto Brasileiro de Geografia e Estatística. An analysis of the Brazilian population social conditions. http://www.ibge.gov.br/english/estatistica/populacao/condicaodevida/indicadoresminimos/sinteseindicsociais2008/default.shtm (accessed on 22/Jan/2012). [ Links ]
12. Szklo AS, Coutinho ESF. The influence of smokers' degree of dependence on the effectiveness of message framing for capturing smokers for a Quitline. Addict Behav 2010; 35:620-4. [ Links ]
13. Gallus S, Tramacere I, Boffetta P, Fernandez E, Rossi S, Zuccaro P, et al. Temporal changes of under-reporting of cigarette consumption in population-based studies. Tob Control 2011; 20:34-9. [ Links ]
14. Shiffman S, Ferguson SG, Dunbar MS, Scholl SM. Tobacco dependence among intermittent smokers. Nicotine Tob Res 2012; [Epub ahead of print] [ Links ]
15. American Psychiatric Association. Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders, fourth edition, text revision: DSM-IV-TR. Washington DC: American Psychiatric Association; 2000. [ Links ]