FORTMANN, Addie L.; GALLO, Linda C.; WALKER, Chris and PHILIS-TSIMIKAS, Athena. Support for disease management, depression, self-care, and clinical indicators among Hispanics with type 2 diabetes in San Diego County, United States of America. Rev Panam Salud Publica [online]. 2010, vol.28, n.3, pp.230-234.
ISSN 1680-5348. http://dx.doi.org/10.1590/S1020-49892010000900014.
2. Black SA. Diabetes, diversity, and disparity: what do we do with the evidence? Am J Public Health. 2002;92(4):5438. [ Links ]
3. West SK, Klein R, Rodríguez J, Muñoz B, Broman AT, Sánchez R, et al. Diabetes and diabetic retinopathy in a Mexican-American population: Proyecto VER. Diabetes Care. 2001;24(7):12049. [ Links ]
4. Anders RL, Olson T, Wiebe J, Bean NH, DiGregorio R, Guillermina M, et al. Diabetes prevalence and treatment adherence in residents living in a colonia located on the West Texas, USA/Mexico border. Nurs Health Sci. 2008;10(3):195202. [ Links ]
5. Spencer MS, Kieffer EC, Sinco BR, Palmisano G, Guzman JR, James SA, et al. Diabetes-specific emotional distress among African Americans and Hispanics with type 2 diabetes. J Health Care Poor Underserved. 2006;17(2 Suppl):88105. [ Links ]
6. Mier N, Bocanegra-Alonso A, Zhan D, Wang S, Stoltz SM, Acosta-González RI, et al. Clinical depressive symptoms and diabetes in a binational border population. J Am Board Fam Med. 2008;21(3):22333. [ Links ]
7. Misra R, Lager J. Ethnic and gender differences in psychosocial factors, glycemic control, and quality of life among adult type 2 diabetic patients. J Diabetes Complications. 2009;23(1):5464. [ Links ]
8. Marin G, Marin BV. Research with Hispanic populations. Newbury Park, CA: Sage; 1991. [ Links ]
9. Egede LE, Osborn CY. Role of motivation in the relationship between depression, self-care, and glycemic control in adults with type 2 diabetes. Diabetes Educ. 2010; 36(2):27683. [ Links ]
10. Pineda Olvera AE, Stewart SM, Galindo L, Stephens J. Diabetes, depression, and metabolic control in Latinas. Cultur Divers Ethnic Minor Psychol. 2007;13(3):22531. [ Links ]
11. Weiler DM, Crist JD. Diabetes self-management in a Latino social environment. Diabetes Educ. 2009;35(2):28592. [ Links ]
12. Glasgow RE, Strycker LA, Toobert DJ, Eakin E. A social-ecologic approach to assessing support for disease self-management: the Chronic Illness Resources Survey. J Behav Med. 2000;23(6): 55983. [ Links ]
13. Toobert DJ, Hampson SE, Glasgow RE. The summary of diabetes self-care activities measure: results from 7 studies and a revised scale. Diabetes Care. 2000;23(7): 94350. [ Links ]
14. Kroenke K, Spitzer RL, Williams JB. The PHQ-9: validity of a brief depression severity measure. J Gen Intern Med. 2001; 16(9):60613. [ Links ]
15. Harris MI. Racial and ethnic differences in health care access and health outcomes for adults with type 2 diabetes. Diabetes Care. 2001;24(3):4549. [ Links ]