The global tuberculosis situation and the new control strategy
of the World Health Organization
Reproduced by permission of Churchill Livingstone, © 1991.
1. Sudre P, ten Dam G. Kochi A. 'tuberculosis in the present tense': A global overview of the tuberculosis situation. WHO Working Document. (In press).
2. Murray GDL, Styblo K, Rouillon A. Tuberculosis in developing countries: Burden, intervention and cost. Bull IUATLD 1990; 65(1): 6-24.
3. Childhood tuberculosis and BCG vaccine. EPI Update Supplement. Geneva: WHO, 1989.
4. Proceedings of WHO informal meeting on assesment of Geneva: WHO. (In press).
5. Summary report on the WHO workshop 'Case studies for evaluation of tuberculosis control in various primary health care settings'. Sturbridge Mass, USA 25-28 May 1990. WHO TUB Unit Publication. Geneva: WHO. (In press).
6. Rieder HL, Cauthen CM, Comstock GW, Snider D Jr. Epidemiology of tuberculosis in the United States. Epidemiol. Rev 1989; 11: 29-30
7. Proceedings on the WHO informal meeting 'development of guidelines for tuberculosis control in HIV epidemic countries/areas'. October 2-3 1989. WHO TUB Unit Publication. Geneva: WHO (In press).
8. Ninth report of the WHO expert commitee on tuberculosis. WHO Tech Rep Ser no. 552. Geneva: WHO. 1974.
9. Styblo K. Tuberculosis control and surveillance. In: Flenley DC, Petty TL, eds. Recent Advances in Respiratory Medicine No 4, pp. 77-108. Edinburgh: Churchill Livingstone 1986.
10. Styblo K, Meijer J. Impact of BCG vaccination programmes in children and young adults on tuberculosis programmes. Tubercle 1976: 57: 17-43.
11. Styblo K. The elimination of tuberculosis in the Netherlands. TSRU Prog Rep 1989; 1: 47-65.
12. Khan GR, Zhang LX, Wu JS, Ma Zl. Supervised intermittent chemotherapy for pulmonary tuberculosis in rural areas of China. Tubercle 1985; 66: 1-7.
13. Abed FH. TB control programme using village health workers: some management issues. Paper prepared for the WHO meeting on "Tuberculosis control and research strategy for the 1990's". October 26-27 1990. WHO TUB Unit Publication Geneva: WHO (In press).
14. Mori T, Kochi A. Case-study on the tuberculosis control programe of the United Republic of Tanzania. WHO TUB Unit Publication. Geneva: WHO (In press)
15. Kochi A. Global tuberculosis situation and WHO tuberculosis control programme. WHO TUB Unit Publication Geneva: WHO (In press).